12.20.2010

Simple Pleasure



I am always astounded when a few simple ingredients come together so well that they make a dish taste profound. This is certainly the case for this simple snack. I actually first made this dish the day I gave birth to my daughter. I was home from the birthing center no more than a few hours when my mom brought me an eclectic variety of ingredients from the grocery store. I wanted something creamy and savory, but did not have the energy to stand in the kitchen and cook. While Micah had some daddy time, I quickly made this using the items my mom bought and have made it ever since.


And of course, some tunes for your enjoyment! Harlem Shakes: Winter Waters. Cheers and happy eating!




Recipe

-slice of whole grain bread

-half an avocado, sliced
-Gruyere or Asiago cheese, sliced or grated
-juice of half a lime
-salt
-pepper

Layer slice of bread with layer of cheese, slightly toast in a toaster oven. Once it is half-toasted, layer with avocado slices and toast some more. Once toasted, squeeze lime juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper.


No comments: