2.22.2011


My friend is on a quest to lose some weight and has enlisted the help of Weight Watchers. It has worked wonders for her as she has lost 10 pounds in less than a month! She asked me to make this recipe for her and of course I jumped at the chance to make something new. I was intrigued by the claim: low fat do-it-yourself peanut butter. Let me put it this way, I have made this four times since then and it has only been two weeks! This is so damn good I could eat the whole thing (which Weight Watchers would certainly not approve!) The best way I can describe this is a happy marriage between hummus and honey peanut butter.

And of course....I couldn't leave you without a song! A band I am currently OBSESSED with! Started out as Say Hi and have since then renamed themselves to Say Hi To Your Mom. This song comes from their debut album "Oohs and Aahs" and is titled Maurine. Enjoy!






Creamy Peanut Butter Dip
Servings:8
Points Value: 3

Ingredients
1 1/2 cup(s) canned chickpeas, loose skins removed, washed, drained
1/4 cup(s) honey roasted peanut butter*
2 1/2 Tbsp honey
1/4 tsp table salt
1/2 cup(s) hot water

*If you don't have honey peanut butter, just add an extra tbspn of honey to the recipe!

Instructions
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender; blend until smooth. Allow to set up in refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Yields about 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon per serving.

2 comments:

Rebeckyruth said...

dude....dig the song...
what are ya eating with this dip? celery?
sounds interesting, and I want to try, but not sure what to pair it with? Cucumbers? pita?

Daniela said...

I dip apples in it, wheat thins or celery. I think it would go great in a wrap with some veggies and grilled chicken too!