2.27.2011

Test Drive: Beer Can Chicken

Chicken: I am not so sure about this. Are you really trying to convince me that shoving a beer can up my a** will enhance my flavor?

Me: Don't worry, this is going to keep you so moist and tender you will be the hit of the party! Isn't that what you want...to be the hit of the party?

Chicken: Yes, but this is not the party I had in mind. What am I, the star of the new Darren Aronofsky film...Requiem for the Poultry? This just isn't my scene.

Me: This is your moment to shine, you are broadening your horizon, you are going to take it, and like it upright....no lube needed...just straight in.

1 hour later....

Chicken: Oooo....ahhhhhh....it tingles....the wetness....my skin...I am glowing....I'm somebody now....everyone likes me...millions of people will see me, and eat me, and like me...I will tell them about you, and how good you were to me...
Alright, I had to much fun with personification there! I couldn't resist...this whole cooking method is just begging for inappropriate comments!

So, the hubby and I purchased the cheapest beer stand possible and tested out this whole beer can chicken cooking method. It is not a new method, but none-the-less, new to us. Happy to report, the hubby gave this two thumbs up and it was a breeze to make! P.S.-It is very diet friendly, just don't eat the dark meat!

And of course, here is what is currently on repeat in my house. "Love is All" by the Tallest Man.

Until next time folks, cheers and happy eating!



Easy Beer Can Grilled Chicken
1 whole chicken
store-bought poultry rub (you can get fancy and make your own)
olive oil (or melted butter)
can of beer

Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Rub the chicken and its cavity with oil, poultry mixture, salt and pepper. Make sure to season the inside cavity too!

Pour out some of the beer, about 1/4 of it should do and place in the beer stand. Sit the chick on top of the beer can and place it in the center of the hit grill, making sure to cover. Cook the chicken for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. A good thing to use is a meat thermometer. When the chicken gets between 165 and 170 it is done. Remove from heat, cover with foil, and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.



No comments: